Best Time to Visit Andaman
The best time to visit Andaman is from November to May when the weather is pleasant with low humidity, and the sea is calm for water activities. December to February is the peak tourist season, with temperatures ranging from 20-30°C. Monsoons (June to September) can be heavy, causing disruptions to transport and water activities.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands have a tropical climate and are known for their warm weather throughout the year. The ideal Best time to visit Andaman the islands is from November to May, during the winter season. During this time, the weather is dry, with low humidity and temperatures ranging from 20-30°C. This makes it ideal for outdoor activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and exploring the island’s beaches and national parks.
December to February is the peak tourist season in Andaman, and you can expect larger crowds, higher hotel rates, and limited availability. If you prefer to avoid the peak tourist season, you can visit the islands in the months of March to June, which is the pre-monsoon season. During this time, the weather is pleasant, and there are fewer tourists, making it a great time to explore the islands.
Ideal TIme to Visit
- Best Time to Visit Andaman During this time, the weather is pleasant and dry, with low humidity and temperatures ranging from 20-30°C.
- Ideal for outdoor activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and exploring the island’s beaches and national parks.
- This Period is the seasonal Period for the Islands and is Occupied by Many Travelers from around the world.
- Ideal time for a Visit to the Andaman, Every Activity are opened during this period in the Islands
- It is also advised to Book your trip prior to 1-2 months of your travel dates due to hike in flight rates.
Peak Tourist Season: December to January
- The busiest time of the year, with larger crowds and higher hotel rates.
- Limited availability of accommodations and activities.
- High Peak Season Surcharges applicable during this period in every Hotels
- Mandatory Gala Dinner on Christmas and New year Night
- Most of the Hotels and Resorts and Full during this period
- Book your trip 1-2 months prior during this period in Andaman
- Connect with local travel agents for a hassle free bookings
- Book your flights or contact your travel agent to book it in prior to avoid loss of rooms in Hotels and Resorts
Pre Monsoon : March to June
- Weather is pleasant with fewer tourists.
- A good time to explore the islands and take advantage of lower prices for accommodations and activities.
- Ideal time to explore the Island with Hassle-free trips.
- Rooms and other resources will be available at an affordable price.
- Flight rates and other resources are available at affordable rates.
MONSOON Season : June to September
- Heavy rains can cause disruptions to transport and water activities.
- The sea can be rough, making water-based activities challenging.
- Lower prices for accommodations and activities.
- Andaman is a Semi Tropical Island destination and rain here is predictable anytime.
- There is no such time period for rain in the Island, It can happen anytime.
weather in Andaman
The weather in Andaman is tropical and experiences high temperatures and humidity throughout the year. The monsoon season lasts from May to September, bringing heavy rains to the region. December to February is the cool and dry season, and the best time to visit Andaman for its pleasant weather.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, located in the Bay of Bengal, have a tropical climate with high temperatures and humidity throughout the year. The temperature ranges from 22°C to 32°C and the average humidity is around 80%.
The monsoon season starts in May and lasts until September, bringing heavy rainfall to the region. The rainy season can make travel difficult, but it is also a time of lush green vegetation and stunning waterfalls.
The winter season, from December to February, is the coolest and driest time of the year in Andaman, with temperatures ranging from 22°C to 28°C. This is the best time to visit Andaman for its pleasant weather, calm seas, and clear skies.
It is important to note that weather patterns can vary greatly from year to year, so it is best to check the local forecast before planning a trip to Andaman.
Temperature in Andaman
The temperature in the Andaman Islands varies throughout the year. In general, the summer months of March to May are hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from the low 30s to mid-30s degrees Celsius. During the monsoon season from June to September, the temperature drops slightly and there is heavy rainfall. Winter months from October to February are comparatively cooler with temperatures ranging from 20-30 degrees Celsius.
Things to remember before you Travel
Visa requirements: Depending on your country of origin, you may need a tourist visa to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Vaccinations: It is recommended to get vaccinated for diseases such as hepatitis A and typhoid.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Andaman is from November to May when the weather is pleasant.
Modes of transportation: You can reach Andaman by air or sea, with the major airport being Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair.
Local currency: The local currency in Andaman is the Indian Rupee.
Language: The official language of Andaman is Bengali, but English and Hindi are widely spoken and understood.
Local food: You can try local specialties like seafood, chutneys, and pickles made from locally grown produce.
Activities: Andaman offers a range of activities such as island hopping, snorkeling, scuba diving, and trekking.
Be respectful: Be mindful of the local culture and customs, and respect the fragile ecosystem of the islands.
Planning ahead: It’s always a good idea to plan and book accommodations and activities in advance to avoid disappointment during the peak season.
In conclusion, the best time to visit the Andaman and Nicobar Islands depends on your personal preferences and travel style. If you prefer pleasant weather and low humidity, November to May is the best time. If you prefer to avoid the peak tourist season and are looking for more affordable options, you can visit the islands during the pre-monsoon season. Connect with Local Tour Operator for more details